Definition of Deflections
1. Noun. (plural of deflection) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Deflections
1. deflection [n] - See also: deflection
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Deflections Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deflections
Literary usage of Deflections
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Theory and Practice of Modern Framed Structures, Designed for the Use of by John Butler Johnson, Charles Walter Bryan, Frederick Eugene Turneaure, William Spaulding Kinne (1910)
"deflections Due to Rt.—These deflections will be given by the same ... deflections Due to /?2.—The deflections due to the two symmetrical loads, /?2, ..."
2. The Design of Steel Mill Buildings and the Calculation of Stresses in Framed by Milo Smith Ketchum (1921)
"STRESSES IN STIFF FRAMES BY SLOPE deflections Slope deflections. ... Signs of Moments and deflections.—The moment at the end of any member will be positive ..."
3. Field Engineering: A Hand-book of the Theory and Practice of Railway by William Henry Searles (1880)
"The stations on a curve may be located by deflections only, without linear measurements. For this purpose two transits are set at two transit points on the ..."
4. Manual by American Railway Engineering Association, National Futures Association (U.S.) (1916)
"STAKING SPIRALS BY deflections. While any length of chord may be used in staking the spiral, cither by offsets or deflections, the most accurate results are ..."
5. Analysis of Elastic Arches: Three Hinged, Two Hinged, and Hingeless, of by Joseph W. Balet (1907)
"The method for obtaining the horizontal thrust in an arch by means of deflections is applicable to a framed arch of any shape. ..."
6. Text-book of Mechanics by Louis Adolphe Martin (1911)
"SECTION XXI deflections DUE TO SHEAR The formulas giving the deflections of ... Thus the deflections due to shearing stresses are not taken into account. ..."
7. A Text Book on Roofs and Bridges by Mansfield Merriman, Henry Sylvester Jacoby (1917)
"deflections OF TRUSSES.—Graphical Solution of the Distortion of a Framed Structure. ... deflections of Heavy Truss, Main Span—Rankin Bridge. Eng. Rec., v. ..."
8. Structural Engineers' Handbook: Data for the Design and Construction of by Milo Smith Ketchum (1914)
"... x¡=0-7887 Z- Elastic Curve and deflections : 53 -BEAM F/X.ED AT BOTH ENDS - CONCENTRATED ... xt-*jf¡ xí=^2- Diagram Elastic Curve and deflections : pi f ..."