¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Deglamorize
1. [v -IZED, -IZING, -IZES]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Deglamorize
Literary usage of Deglamorize
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. National Drug Control Strategy: A Nation Responds to Drug Use (1992)
"Parents must insist on abstinence from alcohol for those underage; they must deglamorize alcohol as they are doing with drugs, educating their children ..."
2. Preventing Tobacco Use Among Young People: A Report of the Surgeon General by M. Joycelyn Elders (1997)
"The California campaign, however, focused more on information-based approaches and most prominently on a strategy to deglamorize tobacco use by exposing the ..."
3. Prevention Plus II: Tools for Creating and Sustaining Drug-Free Communities (1994)
"Local newspapers and radio and television stations can be encouraged to deglamorize alcohol and other drug use as well as to provide current and accurate ..."
4. Strategies to Control Tobacco Use in the U. S.: A Blueprint for Public (1991)
"... can deglamorize smoking through images and slogans that mock the themes of power, attractiveness, escape, • popularity, and pleasure that are used now ..."
5. Youth Violence in America: Recommendations from the IACP Summit edited by Barry Leonard (1998)
"... methods to identify habitual offenders and to make more effective use of the SHOCAP model • Take strong countermeasures to deglamorize gang lifestyle, ..."