¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Dehumidifier
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dehumidifier Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dehumidifier
Literary usage of Dehumidifier
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Heating and Ventilating Buildings: A Manual for Heating Engineers and Architects by Rolla Clinton Carpenter (1915)
"dehumidifier.—May be of the spray type or of the surface type. A knowledge of the relation of waler temper ature to the discharge air temperature in either ..."
2. Transactions by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1912)
"The rate of heat transmission in a surface dehumidifier will be increased in proportion to the amount of heat given up by condensation. ..."
3. Cyclopedia of Engineering; a General Reference Work on Steam Boilers and by American Technical Society, Louis Derr (1919)
"dehumidifier coils are installed in duplicate to permit defrosting each coil alternately when the frost gets to such a thickness that the air is not readily ..."
4. The Story of Manufactured Weather: By the Mechanical Weather Manby Carrier engineering corporation by Carrier engineering corporation (1919)
"A dehumidifier is exactly like a humidifier except that provision is made for artificially cooling the spray-water during the summer. ..."
5. Niosh Manual of Analytical Methods: Sampling and Analytical Methods for edited by Peter M. Eller (1994)
"... clean air protection for optics, several time constants for output, dehumidifier available, permissible for explosive atmospheres (optional). ..."