Definition of Del rio
1. Noun. A town in southwest Texas on the Rio Grande to the west of San Antonio.
Del Rio Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Del Rio Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Del Rio
Literary usage of Del rio
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Beethoven's Letters: A Critical Edition : with Explanatory Notes by Ludwig van Beethoven, Alfred Christlieb Kalischer, John South Shedlock (1909)
"... DEL Rio. (Probably 1816) . . . .11 572. To? (1816?) 12 573. ... DEL Rio. (1816 ?) ...... U 582. To the ARCHDUKE RUDOLPH. (1816 ?) 20 681. ..."
2. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne (1913)
"... Historia Natural dt lo* Nociones del Rio Orinoco (2 vols., Barcelona, 1741; French tr.,3 vola., Avignon, 1758); HELPS, The Spanish Conquest in A merva ..."
3. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1907)
"Twenty specimens, adults of both sexes and one young female, Boruca and Pozo del Rio Grande, April-August. The young differs from the adults in lacking the ..."
4. Personal Narrative of Explorations and Incidents in Texas, New Mexico by John Russell Bartlett (1854)
"... de Conception — Curious mass of meteoric iron—Account of meteorites in the vicinity —Hacienda del Rio Florido. November 1st. The wagons being repaired, ..."