Definition of Dental medicine
1. Noun. The branch of medicine dealing with the anatomy and development and diseases of the teeth.
Examples of category: Cap, Crown, Crownwork, Jacket, Jacket Crown, Dental Appliance, Filling, Impression, Inlay, Occlusion, Bonding, Malocclusion, Overbite, Crowned, Uncrowned
Generic synonyms: Medical Specialty, Medicine
Specialized synonyms: Cosmetic Dentistry, Dental Surgery, Endodontia, Endodontics, Dental Orthopaedics, Dental Orthopedics, Orthodontia, Orthodontics, Orthodonture, Periodontia, Periodontics, Prosthodontia, Prosthodontics
Dental Medicine Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dental Medicine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dental Medicine
Literary usage of Dental medicine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The British and Foreign Medico-chirurgical Review, Or, Quarterly Journal of (1863)
"... on dental medicine; being a Compendium of Medical Science as connected with the Study of Dental Surgery. By THOS. E. BOND, AM, MD, Professor of Special ..."
2. History of Philadelphia, 1609-1884 by John Thomas Scharf, Thompson Westcott (1884)
"A Practical Treatise on dental medicine. By Thomas E. Bond, AM, ... dental medicine. By FJS Gorgas, AM, MD, DDS Blakiston, Son & Co., Philadelphia, 1884. ..."
3. Massage and the original Swedish movements by Kurre Wilhelm Ostrom (1902)
"Operative Dentistry. Illustrated. $2.25 GORGAS. dental medicine. ... Compend of Dental Pathology and dental medicine. With a Chapter on Emergencies. ..."
4. Text-book of Medical Jurisprudence and Toxicologyby John James Reese by John James Reese (1903)
"dental medicine. A Manual of Materia Medica and Therapeutics. 7th Edition. Cloth, $4.00; Sheep,$5.00 ... Compend of Dental Pathology and dental medicine. ..."
5. A Compend of the practice of medicineby Daniel E. Hughes by Daniel E. Hughes (1899)
"dental medicine. A Manual of Materia Medica and Therapeutics. 6th Edition, Revised. ... Compend of Dental Pathology and dental medicine. ..."
6. Advancing the Nation's Health Needs by National Research Council (2005)
"Marjorie K. Jeffcoat, DMD, is Dean and Professor of Periodontics at the University of Pennsylvania School of dental medicine. Dr. Jeffcoat is the school's ..."
7. Refraction and how to refractby James Thorington by James Thorington (1900)
"dental medicine. A Manual of Materia Medica and Therapeutics. 7th Edition, fust Ready. ... Compend of Dental Pathology and dental medicine. ..."