Definition of Dentures
1. Noun. (plural of denture) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Dentures
1. denture [n] - See also: denture
Medical Definition of Dentures
1. An appliance used as an artificial or prosthetic replacement for missing teeth and adjacent tissues. It does not include crowns, dental abutments, nor tooth, artificial. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dentures Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dentures
Literary usage of Dentures
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Dental Prosthetics by George Henry Wilson (1920)
"CONTINUOUS GUM dentures. BY this term is meant a base-plate of platinum, the outer surface of which is covered with a continuous layer of porcelain. ..."
2. Professional Denture Service by George Wood Clapp, Russell Wilford Tench (1921)
"MENTAL ATTITUDE OF PATIENTS TOWARD ARTIFICIAL dentures. The patient's conception of what lie is to receive will probably be established at the first ..."
3. Mechanical side of anatomical articulation by George Wood Clapp (1910)
"Patients for whom dentures articulated in the ordinary manner have been removed and anatomically articulated dentures furnished, have been given much ..."
4. Journal of the British Dental Association by British Dental Association (1893)
"PRESIDENT AND GENTLEMEN,—The subject of my short paper is the retention of removable lower dentures, with gold pivot or pivots attached thereto, ..."
5. A Practical Treatise on Mechanical Dentistry by Joseph Richardson (1860)
"Manner of obtaining a plaster model from an impression in plaster for partial dentures.—The surface of the impression in plaster should first be rendered ..."
6. American Journal of Dental Science by American Society of Dental Surgeons (1890)
"The dental profession has been looking for many years and is still'looking for a new base upon which to construct artificial dentures. ..."
7. Dominion Dental Journal (1906)
"VULCANITE FOR dentures. BY GEO. S. MARTIN, LDS, DDS, TORONTO, ONT. ... The application of vulcanite in making dentures has been looked upon and spoken of as ..."
8. The Practice of Dentistry: A Practical Treatise Upon the Generalpractice of by Leo Greenbaum, Max Greenbaum (1912)
"... the casting method in the general technique of crown and bridge- work have also extended to the construction of dentures of aluminum and fusible alloys, ..."