Definition of Desmond tutu
1. Noun. South African prelate and leader of the antiapartheid struggle (born in 1931).
Desmond Tutu Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Desmond Tutu Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Desmond Tutu
Literary usage of Desmond tutu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Deadly Conflict edited by David A. Hamburg, Cyrus R. Vance (1998)
"As Archbishop desmond tutu has noted, international support for these organizations during their nascent stages was crucial to their success. ..."
2. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"desmond tutu, 1931- ~ My existence is caught up and inextricably bound up with yours ... A solitary human being is a contradiction in terms. ..."
3. Politicians and Apartheid: Trailing in the People's Wake by John Gardner (1997)
"desmond tutu said in 1988 that as "no change" had occurred in South Africa, sanctions were "the last non-violent means available to oppose apartheid" ..."
4. Wisdom for the Soul of Black Folk by Roderick (CON) Terry, Larry Chang (2007)
"desmond tutu, b. 1931 ~ My existence is caught up and inextricably bound up with yours ... A solitary human being is a contradiction in terms. ..."
5. More Than a Name: State-Sponsored Homophobia and Its Consequences in by Scott Long, A. Widney Brown, Gail Cooper (2003)
"As the Anglican archbishop of Cape Town, desmond tutu, noted, "The apartheid regime enacted laws upon the religious convictions of a minority ..."
6. State of the Nation: South Africa 2003-2004 by John Daniel, Adam Habib, Roger Southall (2004)
"The others, notably its leadership of Chairperson desmond tutu and Deputy Chairperson Alex Boraine, departed to pursue other activities overseas, ..."
7. Black Ants and Buddhists: Thinking Critically and Teaching Differently in ...by Mary Cowhey by Mary Cowhey (2006)
"... —Archbishop desmond tutu, Nobel Laureate and chairman of the South African Truth and Reconciliation Commission The South African Truth and ..."