Definition of Detenu
1. a prisoner [n -S] - See also: prisoner
Lexicographical Neighbors of Detenu
Literary usage of Detenu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Monthly Review by Ralph Griffiths (1828)
"... being Extracts from the Journal of a detenu. 8vo. pp. 317. London. 1828. SOME portions of this Narrative appeared about two years ago in the London ..."
2. The London Magazine by John Scott, John Taylor (1825)
"THE JOURNAL OF A detenu, AN EYE-WITNESS OF THE EVENTS IN PARIS DURING THE FIRST FOUR MONTHS OF. No. I. THE very curious and interesting notes of the ..."
3. Ruling Case Law as Developed and Established by the Decisions and by William Mark McKinney, Burdett Alberto Rich (1918)
"... to be detenu¡ned by failure on the part of the convict to perform the obligations he has assumed by his acceptance of it.w Competency, Credibility and ..."
4. The Journal of Mary Frampton: From the Year 1779, Until the Year 1846 by Mary Frampton (1885)
"Fox5 TO MR. O'BRIEN, IN REPLY TO AN APPLICATION FOR HIS INTERCESSION ON BEHALF OF MR. W. CHURCHILL WHEN A " detenu " AT PARIS. " January 2nd, 1804. ..."