¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Diencephalic
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Diencephalic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Diencephalic
Literary usage of Diencephalic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Harmful Non-Indigenous Species in the United States (1994)
"These findings were used to support the view that damage to diencephalic structures ... However, in a different study comparing MRI measures of diencephalic ..."
2. Principles of Physiological Psychology by Wilhelm Max Wundt (1904)
"Instead of asking what functions remain intact after removal of the mesen- cephalic and diencephalic centres which he has under investigation, ..."
3. Alcohols Effect on Organ Function edited by Dianne M. Welsh (1997)
"Although it is not known precisely what role diencephalic structures play in human memory functioning, lesions in this region have been clearly documented ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"(2) The existence, in the higher vertebrates, of the modification designated by me as the diencephalic flexure. (3) The adverse view adopted in the BNA, ..."
5. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by Philadelphia Neurological Society, American Neurological Association, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association (1897)
"In fish the whole N. opticus terminates in the roof of the mesencephalon; the diencephalic termination is met with first in birds ..."
6. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1898)
"In fish the whole N. OD- ticus terminates in the roof of the mesencephalon; the diencephalic termination is met with first in birds (Edinger) ..."
7. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North (1916)
"has contributed a study in craniate homology considering especially the morphology and morphogenesis of the diencephalic floor. ..."
8. The Nervous System and Its Constituent Neurones: Designed for the Use of by Lewellys Franklin Barker (1899)
"... -diencephalic auditory neurone or auditory neurone of the second order); a third extending from the medial geniculate body to the temporal lobe of the ..."