¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Diethyl
1. in chemistry, having two ethyl groups [adj]
Medical Definition of Diethyl
1. A compound containing two ethyl radicals. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Diethyl Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Diethyl
Literary usage of Diethyl
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Poisons: Their Effects and Detection by Alexander Wynter Blyth, Meredith Wynter Blyth (1906)
"diethyl-ma/onyl carbamide, and ethyl-butyryl carbamide, diethyl-malonyl carbamide, and dipropyl-malonyl carbamide, all have a narcotic action, ..."
2. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"Vpc Data for Reaction Mixture Analysis measured amounts of standardized LiAlH4-diethyl ether solution to a flask containing a magnetic stirrer, ..."
3. A Dictionary of Chemistry and the Allied Branches of Other Sciences by Henry Watts (1866)
"... Benzylidene-diethyl-diphenyl- ... -diethyl-diphenyl- diamine . - . . 459 Product« of the action of Cin-" namic, ..."