¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Diolefin
1. a hydrocarbon [n -S] - See also: hydrocarbon
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Diolefin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Diolefin
diolefin (current term)
Literary usage of Diolefin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Medical student's manual of chemistry by Rudolph August Witthaus (1906)
"CH:C(CH3)2, are examples, respectively, of olefin and diolefin ketones. They are produced together by the action of dehydrating agents, such as H2S04 and ..."
2. Gasoline and Other Motor Fuels by Carleton Ellis, Joseph V. Meigs (1921)
"diolefin formation appears to be a side reaction which takes place to a fairly considerable extent in the cracking of oils. The diolefins are, however, ..."
3. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1879)
"... which contained starting material 1 and the diolefin 5 as main components. Chromatog- raphy, which was followed by long-wavelength ultraviolet light, ..."
4. Chemical Abstracts by American Chemical Society (1916)
"... depolymerization the corresponding diolefin monomers instead of (b). This shows that at least in reactions of ..."