Definition of Diphenylhydantoin
1. Noun. An anticonvulsant drug (trade name Dilantin) used to treat epilepsy and that is not a sedative.
Medical Definition of Diphenylhydantoin
1. See: phenytoin. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Diphenylhydantoin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Diphenylhydantoin
Literary usage of Diphenylhydantoin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs, Pt. 800-1299, Revised by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"... device intended to measure diphenylhydantoin, an antiepileptic drug, in human specimens. Measurements obtained by this device are used in the diagnosis ..."
2. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1914)
"After drying the ether and then allowing to evaporate the diphenylhydantoin was obtained as an oil which finally solidified after long standing. ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... Carbon monoxide Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid Drugs Nitrofurantoin (Furadantin) diphenylhydantoin (Dilantin) Vincristine Isoniazide Dapsone Corticosteroids ..."
4. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"diphenylhydantoin effects on avoidance conditioning as a function of age and problem difficulty. Psychon. Sci. l4:l09-lll. Cowling, JE, and RL Sidman. l962. ..."
5. Medical Marijuana Referenda Movement in America: Hearing Before the edited by Bill McCollum (2001)
"... together with the standard anticonvulsants phénobarbital and diphenylhydantoin, was apparently necessary to control seizures in a young epileptic man.8 ..."