Definition of Director of central intelligence
1. Noun. The head of the United States Intelligence Community and director of the Central Intelligence Agency.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Director Of Central Intelligence
Literary usage of Director of central intelligence
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Worldwide Threats to National Security: Hearing Before the Committee on edited by John Warner (2000)
"GEORGE J. TENET, director of central intelligence Mr. TENET. Yes, Mr. Chairman. Let me say, and I will repeat a little bit about what I said yesterday in ..."
2. Biological Weapons: The Threat Posed by Terrorists (2000)
"Director of Central Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, Washington, DC. DEAR DIRECTOR TENET: My Subcommittee, jointly with the Senate Select ..."
3. Russian Foreign Policy: Proliferation to Rogue Regimes: Hearing Before the by Benjamin A. Gilman (2000)
"Besides serving as the Director of Central Intelligence, Mr. Woolsey served in our government as ambassador to the negotiations on Conventional Armed Forces ..."
4. Threats to U. S. National Security: Hearing Before the Committee National edited by Floyd D. Spence (1997)
"James Schlesinger, who served not only as the Director of Central Intelligence, but also as Secretary of Defense and Secretary of Energy during the Nixon ..."
5. Ballistic Missile Defense Programs: Congressional Hearings edited by Strom Thurmond (2000)
"former National Security Advisor to the President The Honorable Dr. James Schlesinger, former Secretary of Defense, Director of Central Intelligence and ..."
6. Report of the Congressional Committees Investigating the Iran/Contra Affair by Lee H. Hamilton, Daniel K. Inouye (1995)
"This misuse of intelligence by a Director of Central Intelligence, the National Security Advisor, or any Senior Intelligence official, frustrates the ..."