Definition of Discolorize
1. Verb. Remove color from. "The sun bleached the red shirt"
Generic synonyms: Discolor
Derivative terms: Bleach, Bleacher
Lexicographical Neighbors of Discolorize
Literary usage of Discolorize
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Pharmaceutical Association at the Annual Meeting by American Pharmaceutical Association, National Pharmaceutical Convention, American Pharmaceutical Association Meeting (1869)
"... which, by experiment, was found to discolorize 25 pc more of solution of caramel than animal charcoal would under the same conditions. Proc. ..."
2. Spons' Dictionary of Engineering, Civil, Mechanical, Military, and Naval by Edward Spon, Oliver Byrne (1874)
"The object of this filter is not only to remove the impurities similarly to ihr bag filter, but to partially discolorize the liquor and also to neutralize ..."
3. Occidental Medical Times (1894)
"If we inoculate a mouse with garden mould the lesion is local. The bacillus is one of many that discolorize by Gram's method ..."
4. Report on the Nature and Products of the Process of the Destructive by Robert Kane (1851)
"To purify and discolorize the paraffine, Watts's chromic acid process is employed. Re-distillation is also practised, which increases the transparency of ..."