Definition of Discount business
1. Noun. The business of selling merchandise at a discount.
Discount Business Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Discount Business Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Discount Business
Literary usage of Discount business
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ways and Means of Payment: A Full Analysis of the Credit System, with by Stephen Colwell (1859)
"... Rate of discount — Business of the Bank — Use of deposits — Issue of bank bills — Employing its credit — Goldsmiths, or private bankers, ..."
2. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1866)
"Secondly, there is the discount business. A discount business, puro and simple, is the simplest nnd safest of all kinds of monetary- trade. ..."
3. Cyclopaedia of Political Science, Political Economy, and of the Political by John Joseph Lalor (1883)
"The discount business insures, further, the regular reflux of the notes to the bank, ... The discount business ia a necessary presupposition of the modern ..."
4. The General Ordinances of the City of Portland, Oregon by Portland (Or.)., Portland (Or.), Thomas C. Devlin (1905)
"Those whose average amount of loan and discount business for the quarter preceding the quarter for which a license tax is imposed exceeded ..."