2. Verb. (present participle of discourse) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Discoursing
1. discourse [v] - See also: discourse
Lexicographical Neighbors of Discoursing
Literary usage of Discoursing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by Oriental Translation Fund (1843)
"... the Imam's olh'ce, and at all limes, before us until later days, there was much discoursing about it : they differ widely about the number of the Imams. ..."
2. Memoirs of the Life of Colonel Hutchinson ..: With Original Anecdotes of by Lucy Apsley Hutchinson (1822)
"... and while they were discoursing of it White's officer came up with warrants to be sign'd for hay for the quarters, which being offer'd the governor, ..."
3. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1857)
"... a great mind discoursing with a high intent. Your works will then move mankind by the power of thought they thus contain. To apply once more the words ..."
4. The Mathematical and Philosophical Works of the Right Rev. John Wilkins by John Wilkins (1802)
"Concerning the third way of secret discoursing by signs and gestures, ... IE third way of discoursing was by signs and gestures, which (as they are ..."
5. Collections by Minisink Valley Historical Society, Connecticut Historical Society (1882)
"Friday, Went again about 7. a-clock ; found there Mr. John Walley and his wife : sat discoursing pleasantly. I shew'd them Isaac Moses's [an Indian] Writing ..."