Definition of Disk space
1. Noun. (computer science) the space available on a magnetic disk.
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Specialized synonyms: Disk Overhead, Overhead, Swap File, Swap Space
Generic synonyms: Space
Medical Definition of Disk space
1. On radiographs of the spine, the radiolucent region between each pair of vertebral bodies. (05 Mar 2000)
Disk Space Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Disk Space Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Disk Space
Literary usage of Disk space
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. First Text Retrieval Conference (Trec-1): Proceedings by D. K. Harman (1993)
"With more disk space we could have used the inverted file option and that would ... Because of the disk space problem we were not able to do many of the ..."
2. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"This will save more revisions and give you more flexibility in finding the “right” document, but will also take up more disk space. Now, ifyou're like me, ..."
3. Base SAS(R) 9.1.3 Procedures Guide, Second Edition, Volumes 1-4 by Sas Institute (2006)
"For this reason, the peak disk space requirements can be more than twice the ... If PROG MEANS reports insufficient disk space, then increase the WORK space ..."
4. Decision Support Systems for Ecosystem Management: An Evaluation of Existing edited by H. Todd Mowrer (1998)
"Most disk space is used by resource data that is a given on any USDA-FS system since they need ... disk space required to support project analyses varies. ..."
5. SAS(R) 9.1 Companion for OpenVMS Alpha by Sas Institute, Institute SAS Institute (2004)
"SAS uses the random access method when opening external files. This means that allocated disk space does not have to be processed in a sequential method. ..."
6. Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Developer's Workshopby John Clark Craig, Jeff Webb by John Clark Craig, Jeff Webb (1998)
"The Systems Status Monitor reports the amount offree disk space from workstations to an administrative machine. The Systems Status Monitor has two ..."
7. My Tiny Life: Crime and Passion in a Virtual World by Julian Dibbell (1998)
"I was a virtual cripple, and what was maybe worse, I was a bum—living on borrowed quota, squatting on public disk space, dreaming of the day my finished ..."
8. SAS 9.1.3 [sic.] Companion for Z/OS. by SAS Institute, SAS Publishing (2004)
"SAS can request additional DASD extents (allocations of contiguous disk space) as the library needs to grow, meanwhile leaving more DASD space available for ..."