Definition of Dispatch rider
1. Noun. A messenger who carries military dispatches (usually on a motorcycle).
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dispatch Rider
Literary usage of Dispatch rider
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New York Times Current HistoryWorld War, 1914-191 (1920)
"Similarly at General Headquarters as many as 9000 telegrams have been dealt with In twenty-four hours, besides 3.400 letters carried by dispatch rider ; an ..."
2. The Arena by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1908)
"Now returning to Mr. Elwell's " Classic Art," let us compare the face with that represented in "The Flag" or "The dispatch rider," and we shall readily see ..."
3. Front Lines by Boyd Cable (1918)
"The dispatch-rider watched the progress across the mud with great interest, whistled softly as he saw the Tank breast the ditch and reach out for the far ..."
4. The Child Vision: Being a Study in Mental Development & Expression by Dorothy Elizabeth Tudor Owen Truman (1920)
"The dispatch rider. 3. Running the gauntlet. 2. An al.snn. 4. Arrived safely. 1. Along a long white dusty road winding like a ribbon between monotonous ..."