Definition of Dispersoids
1. dispersoid [n] - See also: dispersoid
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dispersoids Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dispersoids
Literary usage of Dispersoids
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Handbook of Colloid-chemistry: The Recognition of Colloids, the Theory of by Carl Wilhelm Wolfgang Ostwald, Wolfgang Ostwald, Emil Hatschek (1919)
"Forms of Energy Characteristic of dispersoids.—The foregoing pages have dealt with the general and topographical characterization of ..."
2. An Introduction to the Chemistry of Colloids: A Compendium of Colloidal by Viktor Pöschl (1910)
"The dispersoids and their Classification. 1. General Classification. ... The classification of the dispersoids will next be considered according to the ..."
3. Outlines of Theoretical Chemistry by Frederick Hutton Getman (1922)
"The dispersoids are classified as shown in the accompanying diagram. dispersoids Colloidal solutions. Molecular Ionic Magnitude of particles dispersoids. ..."
4. An Introduction to Theoretical and Applied Colloid Chemistry, "the World of by Carl Wilhelm Wolfgang Ostwald (1922)
"If the light of the sun were not diffused through the dispersoids of the ... We are indebted to the atmospheric dispersoids for our ordinary "daylight. ..."
5. Physiology and biochemistry in modern medicene by John James Rickard Macleod (1922)
"The properties dependent on osmotic pressure, diffusibility, etc., are exhibited by all dispersoids, whether ions, molecules or particles, but some of these ..."
6. The Nature of Solution by Harry Clary Jones, Ebenezer Emmet Reed (1917)
"Wolfgang Ost- wald would divide dispersoids as follows, depending on then- degree ... (c) molecular dispersoids (still finer-grained), (d) ion dispersoids ..."
7. Microbiology: A Text-book of Microörganisms, General and Applied by Charles E. Marshall (1921)
"dispersoids True or coarse Colloidal solutions dispersions ... Molecular or supermolecular dispersoids Size of the particles of Size of particles of the ..."