Definition of Do by
1. Verb. Interact in a certain way. "Handle the press reporters gently"
Related verbs: Treat, Address, Cover, Deal, Handle, Plow, Treat
Specialized synonyms: Bemock, Mock, Cut, Disregard, Ignore, Snub, Wrong, Handle With Kid Gloves, Criminalize, Nurse, Strong-arm, Ride Roughshod, Run Roughshod, Upstage, Rough-house, Brutalise, Brutalize, Do Well By, Gloss Over, Skate Over, Skimp Over, Slur Over, Smooth Over, Abuse, Ill-treat, Ill-use, Maltreat, Mistreat, Step, Baby, Cocker, Coddle, Cosset, Featherbed, Indulge, Mollycoddle, Pamper, Spoil
Generic synonyms: Interact
Lexicographical Neighbors of Do By
Literary usage of Do by
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Collections of the New York Historical Society for the Year by New-York Historical Society (1910)
"107 ю 49 do By Ditto pd ... 106 12 15 do By Ditto pd Negros work 106 18 5 3 do By Ditto pd Sundry persons for ..."
2. The Works of Rufus Choate: With a Memoir of His Life by Rufus Choate, Samuel Gilman Brown (1862)
"Into the question, whether we may not do by law what the executive could do by treaty, I do not propose to enter. The subject is discussed somewhat by Mr. ..."
3. The Annual Register, Or, A View of the History, Politics, and Literature for by Edmund Burke (1799)
"Do. by Lieutenant Colonel George Clerk, late Barrack- Mailer in North America - Do. by Daniel Macnamara, Efq. agent to the executors of Richard ..."
4. Publishers Weekly by Publishers' Board of Trade (U.S.), Book Trade Association of Philadelphia, American Book Trade Union, Am. Book Trade Association, R.R. Bowker Company (1874)
"Do. by Halifax, 75 c.— Butler's Analogy, by Barnes, ¡И hi. ... —Natural Theology, by Ware, Si-75 Co. —Do. by Brougham and Bell, $1.50. ..."
5. A Key to Uncle Tom's Cabin: Presenting the Original Facts and Documents Upon by Harriet Beecher Stowe (1853)
"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do unto you, do ye even so unto them ;" that is, do by all mankind just as you would desire they should ..."