2. Noun. (military aviation) Close combat between two military aircraft ¹
3. Verb. (present participle of dogfight) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Dogfighting
1. dogfight [v] - See also: dogfight
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dogfighting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dogfighting
dogfighting (current term)
Literary usage of Dogfighting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. General Kenney Reports: A Personal History of the Pacific War by George C. Kenney (1997)
"... if they didn't stop that dogfighting business, I'd send them to New Guinea to serve with the Americans and learn how to fight a Jap properly. ..."
2. Dollars and Sense of Command and Control by Raymond C. Bjorklund (1995)
"Ten BLUE fighters dogfighting to the finish with 8 RED fighters ends in 8 RED losses and 8 BLUE losses. Two BLUE fighters survive. ..."