Definition of Doppelzentner
1. Noun. A unit of weight equal to 100 kilograms.
Generic synonyms: Metric Weight Unit, Weight Unit
Terms within: Centner
Group relationships: Quintal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Doppelzentner Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Doppelzentner
Literary usage of Doppelzentner
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Trusts, Pools, and Corporations by William Zebina Ripley (1916)
"This is in addition to the regular (and almost nominal) tax of sixty pfennige per doppelzentner levied upon the total output of potash, whose proceeds go to ..."
2. Revolution in Measurement: Western European Weights and Measures Since the by Ronald Edward Zupko (1990)
"... (France) doppelzentner (Germany) Drachma (France) Description silver, precious (1.275 g) equal to 1/3 gros, metals, and jewels 1/24 once, or 1/192 marc; ..."
3. Revolution in Measurement: Western European Weights and Measures Since the by Ronald Edward Zupko (1990)
"... (France) doppelzentner (Germany) Drachme (France) Description silver, precious (l.275 g) equal to l/3 gros, metals, and jewels l/24 once, ..."
4. A Scientific German Reader by Herbert Zabriskie Kip (1916)
"Dyas, Permian system Dynamik,/. dynamics dynamisch, dynamic Dynamit, n. dynamite dz = doppelzentner, m. double hundredweight (= 100 kg. ..."