Definition of Double-space
1. Verb. Type with a full space between lines.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Double-space Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Double-space
Literary usage of Double-space
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Mechanics' Magazine (1857)
"Here, then, is a double pressure acting through a double space in the same time ; yet nobody thinks of making the fraction -ц^ц, ..."
2. Stores and Materials Control by Madison Cartmell (1922)
"The Double-Space Method The maximum quantity or lot, ordinarily stowed at one ... The ideal method, however, is the double-space system, by which double the ..."
3. The Philosophical System of Antonio Rosmini-Serbati by Antonio Rosmini (1882)
"It is double, space and body, term of the latter being a force which diffuses itself in a double, .... fr~ ...... space and limited part of space. ..."
4. Iron: An Illustrated Weekly Journal for Iron and Steel Manufacturers edited by Sholto Percy, Perry Fairfax Nursey (1857)
"They affirm that the initial resistance for a double velocity is fourfold, and therefore as a double space is passed through in a given time, ..."
5. The System of the World by Pierre Simon Laplace (1809)
"The double of the space described being the product of the time by the velocity, the accelerating force is equal to this double space divided by the square ..."
6. Wharf Management, Stevedoring and Storage by Roy Samuel MacElwee, Thomas Rothwell Taylor (1921)
"Double Space.—The allotment to each regularly carried item of double the space needed ... Some plants have found that the cost of the double-space system ..."
7. Business English and Correspondence by Roy Davis, Clarence Hart Lingham (1921)
"Some writers single-space long letters and double-space short letters. Others adopt just one kind of spacing for all letters. ..."
8. Applied Business English by Hubert Adonley Hagar, Rupert Pitt SoRelle (1914)
"Most letters are written double-space. In single- spaced letters make a double ... The complimentary closing should also be separated by a double space. ..."