Definition of Drafting board
1. Noun. A smooth board on which paper is placed for making drawings.
Drafting Board Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Drafting Board Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Drafting Board
Literary usage of Drafting board
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the American Gas Institute by American Gas Institute (1908)
"drafting board FOR COPYING DRAWING PRINTS. "It is often desired to copy blue prints or other drawings or tabulations of various kinds, and a draughting ..."
2. Popular Mechanics Shop Notes (1920)
"Auxiliary, for Slow-Steaming Boilers Draft in Chimney, Damper Governor Maintains Constant drafting board, Cords Keep Drawings 3362 on 3457 Drafting- Board ..."
3. Structural Drafting: A Practical Presentation of Drafting and Detailing by Frank Oliver Dufour (1913)
"Since few drawings in structural engineering are larger than 24X 36 inches, it is not necessary to have the-drafting board larger than 26X38 Fig. 3. ..."
4. The Human Factor in Works Management by James Hartness (1912)
"After this the inventor brings his scheme to the drafting board, ... THE HERO OF THE ERASER The drafting board may show that no such arrangement of parts ..."
5. Oil Land Development and Valuation by Roy Parmelee McLaughlin (1921)
"As a guide and assistance to the draftsman, a drawing, showing the scale and having vertical lines, was pasted on the drafting board. The drafting board was ..."
6. Practical Surveying for Surveyors' Assistants, Vocational, and High Schools by Ernest McCullough (1915)
"square has a head to slide along the edge of a drafting board so lines ruled along the edge of the blade as the head is moved will be parallel. ..."