Definition of Dramamine
1. Noun. Antihistamine and antiemetic (trade name Dramamine) used to treat motion sickness.
Generic synonyms: Antiemetic, Antiemetic Drug, Antihistamine
Language type: Trade Name
Medical Definition of Dramamine
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Dramamine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Dramamine
Literary usage of Dramamine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide Inside Passage & Coastal Alaska by Ed Readicker-Henderson (2006)
"m • Bellingham to Ketchikan TIPS FOR POOR SEA TRAVELERS If you're prone to seasickness, try taking dramamine before symptoms start. Ferry personnel say they ..."
2. Adventure Guide to St. Martin & St. Barts by Lynne M. Sullivan (2003)
"... a half-dose of a medication, such as dramamine, an hour before you depart. Or swallow two or more capsules of ginger root an hour before your trip. ..."
3. Cruising the Mediterranean: A Guide to the Ports of Call by Larry H. Ludmer (2002)
"... stable enough to provide a comfortable ride. If you're prone to motion sickness, an ounce of prevention can be useful. Remedies such as dramamine and ..."
4. A Traveler's Guide to the Galapagos Islands by Barry Boyce (2004)
"... is recommended to you (two of the more popular brands are BONINE* and dramamine*). If nothing else, you'll feel more secure having the stuff with you. ..."
5. Yucatan by Bruce Conord, June Conord (2005)
"In windy weather, take a dramamine beforehand. Don't fall for the "free ticket if you visit our property" booths that litter the dock area. ..."