Definition of Drenched in
1. Adjective. Abundantly covered or supplied with; often used in combination. "Moon-drenched meadows"
Drenched In Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Drenched In Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Drenched In
Literary usage of Drenched in
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Lord Byron and Some of His Contemporaries: With Recollections of the Author by Leigh Hunt (1828)
"He contrived to make his escape, and astonished my grandfather's family by appearing before them at night, drenched in the rain, which descends in torrents ..."
2. Annals of the American Revolution: Or, A Record of the Causes and Events by Jedidiah Morse (1824)
"laborious industry, for the defence of a country, whose frontier, while drenched in blood, its interior parts have yielded all its little savings to your ..."
3. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... 1959 drench Drench is often used with a complement introduced by in or with: She was drenched in furs and diamonds —Richard Brautigan, ..."
4. Sketches and Studies in Southern Europe by John Addington Symonds (1880)
"Jocasta and Antigone have gone forth to the battle-field and found the brothers Polynices and Eteocles drenched in blood: From his chest Heaving a heavy ..."
5. A History of the Baptists: Traced by Their Vital Principles and Practices by Thomas Armitage (1887)
"There, while huddled together in a pelting rain, and drenched in sea-water, Paul and his party, hungry and benumbed ST. PAUL'S ВАУ, FROM THE SOUTH. with ..."
6. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1883)
"If proceeded with in that way 500 head of sheep can easily be drenched in one day. In order to prevent the sheep from filling their stomachs with food ..."
7. Suomalais-englantilainen sanakirja by Severi Alanne (1919)
"... (1. get) blood-stained (1. stained with blood 1. bloody 1. drenched in blood), ... be stained (1. covered) with blood (all over).be drenched in blood; ..."