Definition of Due east
1. Noun. The cardinal compass point that is at 90 degrees.
Due East Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Due East Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Due East
due east (current term)
due process of law
Literary usage of Due east
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Indian Affairs: Laws and Treaties by United States, Charles Joseph Kappler (1904)
"13, thence due east 10 chains and set post; thence due N. 20 chains and set post; thence due E. 10 chains and set post; thence due N. 20 chains and set poet ..."
2. A Dictionary of the Bible, Comprising Its Antiquities, Biography, Geography by William Robertson Smith (1896)
"It was due east of the sanctuary, and at such an elevation on the mount, that the officiating priest, as he slew the animal and sprinkled her blood, ..."
3. Pennsylvania Archives by Samuel Hazard, John Blair Linn, William Henry Egle, Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, George Edward Reed, Pennsylvania State Library, Thomas Lynch Montgomery, Gertrude MacKinney, Charles Francis Hoban (1853)
"THIRD, That a due East and West line shall " be drawn across the said Peninsula (or across so much of it as " shall be requisite) such East and West line to ..."
4. Pennsylvania Archives by Pennsylvania Dept. of Public Instruction, Pennsylvania State Library (1853)
"THIRD, That a due East and West line shall " be drawn across the said Peninsula (or across so much of it"as " shall be requisite) such East aud West line to ..."