Definition of Eastern united states
1. Noun. The region of the United States lying to the north of the Ohio River and to the east of the Mississippi River.
Terms within: Southeast, Southeastern United States, Northeast, Northeastern United States, East Coast, Appalachian Mountains, Appalachians
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
Group relationships: America, The States, U.s., U.s.a., United States, United States Of America, Us, Usa
Eastern United States Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eastern United States Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eastern United States
Literary usage of Eastern united states
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1906)
"Report on the fresh-water Bryozoa of tbe United States. gg NORTH-EASTERN UNITED STATES. Raymond, Percy E. 57. ..."
2. Proceedings by Natural Gas Association of America, Modern Language Association of America (1921)
"The natural gas fields of eastern United States lie almost wholly in what is known as the Appalachian geosyncline, a great trough-like depression ..."
3. Water Use Conflicts in the West: Implications of Reforming the Bureau of by Marca Weinberg (1998)
"Diversion of Surface Water for Various Uses in Western and eastern united states, 1990 (In percent) Use West East Total 100 100 ..."
4. Bulletin by University of the State of New York (1902)
"... causes, effects Moisture Source, forms of, measurement of, precipitation Storms Paths and characters of storms of eastern United States Daily weather at ..."
5. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1899)
"Belongs to the eastern United States, but chiefly to the Mississippi valley; ... Ranges through the eastern United States, north to New England, ..."
6. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1902)
"BRIEFER ARTICLES A NEW HEPATIC FROM THE eastern united states. (WITH PLATE xn) ALTHOUGH the species of ..."
7. Climatology of the United States by Lorin Blodget (1857)
"GENERAL CHARACTER OF THE CLIMATE OF THE eastern united states. IT is necessary to make a distinction of a very decided character between the parts of this ..."