Definition of Ebro river
1. Noun. A river in northeastern Spain; flows into the Mediterranean.
Ebro River Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ebro River Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ebro River
Literary usage of Ebro river
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific by Astronomical Society of the Pacific (1915)
"The majestic ebro river, just at the end of its course, winds thru beautiful orchards of oranges, pears, peaches and almonds. Twelve kilometers to the west ..."
2. Large Scale Coastal Behavior (1993) edited by J. H. List (1995)
"The Ebro Delta coast is a 50 km long sandy shoreline which has developed during the last five centuries from the sediment supplied by the ebro river (Fig. ..."
3. Ancient Times, a History of the Early World: An Introduction to the Study of by James Henry Breasted (1916)
"She had, however, secured an agreement that Carthage should not advance northward beyond the ebro river. To so bold and resolute a leader as Hannibal such a ..."
4. Europe, Past and Present: A Comprehensive Manual of European Geography and by Franz Heinrich Ungewitter (1850)
"... or Lusitania (Portugal), and Baetica (all parts of Spain situated to the south of the ebro river). At the time of Augustus, the province of ..."
5. Europe, Past and Present: A Comprehensive Manual of European Geography and by Franz Heinrich Ungewitter (1850)
"ebro river), and Jli. ... (all parts of Spain situated to the south of the Ebro River). At the time of Augustus, the province of ..."
6. Practical Work in Geography, for the Use of Teachers and Advanced Pupils by Henry McCormick (1885)
"ebro river rises in North-central Spain, and flows southeast into the Mediterranean. Its valley is a triangle with the apex to the northwest. ..."
7. The Kassandra Complex by Murray Lawrence, Lawrence Murray (2003)
"... Compostela Campus Stellae Duero Rivers ebro river Spain Spain Cades Gades Zaragossa ebro river Zaragossa Spain South tip of Spain East coast seaport, ..."