Definition of Efrem zimbalist
1. Noun. United States violinist (born in Russia) (1889-1985).
Efrem Zimbalist Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Efrem Zimbalist Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Efrem Zimbalist
Literary usage of Efrem zimbalist
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Best Plays by Burns Mantle, Louis Kronenberger (1921)
""HONEYDEW" Play with music in two acts, music by efrem zimbalist, book and lyrics'by Joseph Herbert, produced by Joe Weber at the Casino Theater, ..."
2. Grove's Dictionary of Music and Musicians: Being the Sixth Volume of the by Charles Newell Boyd, Waldo Selden Pratt (1920)
"The winter of 1912-13 was spent in study with Sembrich in Berlin. She married the violinist efrem zimbalist in 1914. [ R.9 ] GODOWSKY, LEOPOLD (Feb ..."
3. The American Library Annual: Including Index to Dates of Current Events (1915)
"Ste ROSENTHAL CASE, My n GLOVERSVILLE, NY 5« FIRES. Gluck, Mme. Alma. d. Jl 3 Prima donna announces engagement to Efrem Zim- Singer marries efrem zimbalist, ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"She is noteworthy as one who gained recognition in opera and on the concert stage without European training. In 1914 she married efrem zimbalist. ..."