Definition of Elliptic leaf
1. Noun. A simple leaf shaped like an ellipse.
Elliptic Leaf Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Elliptic Leaf Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Elliptic Leaf
Literary usage of Elliptic leaf
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The London Encyclopaedia, Or, Universal Dictionary of Science, Art by Thomas Tegg (1829)
"It takes its origin either from a simple, entire, narrow, elliptic leaf, ... Near the extremity of the elliptic leaf, or the points of the forked one (but ..."
2. The Language of Botany: Being a Dictionary of the Terms Made Use of in that ...by Thomas Martyn by Thomas Martyn (1796)
"-ttie elliptic leaf is made ... the difference of curvature at the •j:'-i \-vWi extremities which that and the Ovate ^"^eaf have. Whereas an elliptic leaf, ..."
3. The Flora of British India by Joseph Dalton Hooker (1890)
"... Reichb. f. mss. ; scape very short stout 1-3-fld., pedicel longer than the petiole of the broadly elliptic leaf, flower 1-Ц in. diam., petals ovate ..."
4. First Course in Biology by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Walter Moore Coleman (1908)
"elliptic leaf OF PURPLE BEECH. FIG. 1-6.— LEAF OF APPLE, showing blade, petiole, and small narrow stipules. Ovate, shaped somewhat like the longitudinal ..."