¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Encephalitic
Medical Definition of Encephalitic
1. Relating to encephalitis. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Encephalitic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Encephalitic
Literary usage of Encephalitic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Neurological Bulletin by Frederick Tilney, Columbia University, Dept. of Neurology (1921)
"POST'encephalitic INVOLUNTARY MOVEMENT BY ALBERT POLON, MD Adjunct Neurologist Central Neurological Hospital ; Assistant in Neurology Vanderbilt Clinic NEW ..."
2. Twentieth Century Practice: An International Encyclopedia of Modern Medical by Thomas Lathrop Stedman (1898)
"In the differential diagnosis of this form of paralysis from the neuritic affections we must bear in mind that the encephalitic occur at the height of the ..."
3. International Medical and Surgical Surveyby American Institute of Medicine by American Institute of Medicine (1922)
"One animal died on the seventh day with typical symptoms of encephalitic general infection, the others on the succeeding days with the same symptoms. ..."
4. Acute poliomyelitis by Ivar Wickman (1913)
"Symptoms may, therefore, arise in this disease of a very variable but distinctly encephalitic character. Occasionally, the encephalitic affection may assume ..."
5. Nervous and mental disease monograph series (1913)
"In a few, however, unusual symptoms appeared: Nonne observed in two adults a unilateral encephalitic paralysis; both recovered without residues. ..."