Definition of End-plate
1. Noun. The flattened end of a motor neuron that transmits neural impulses to a muscle.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: End-plate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of End-plate
Literary usage of End-plate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1883)
"This nerve- end plate is sometimes more like a membrane, at others like a system of fibres. In most cases the plate rests upon a base of granules and finely ..."
2. The Car-builder's Dictionary: An Illustrated Vocabulary of Terms which by Master Car-Builders' Association, Matthias Nace Forney, Arthur Mellen Wellington, Leander Garey, Calvin A. Smith (1906)
"End Plate. 48. Figs. 213-223, etc. A timber across the end and tops of the end posts of a car body which is fastened to the two side plates. ..."
3. The Astrophysical Journal by American Astronomical Society, University of Chicago (1898)
"One end of the plate is enlarged to the same size (six and three- fourths inches diameter) as the end-plate of the collimator truss. ..."
4. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1905)
"The end plate C will then be pushed back and clamp the key tightly. The front end plate B, as shown in Fig. 14, consists of a circular casting cored out and ..."
5. Car Builders' Cyclopedia of American Practice by American Railway Association, Master Car Builders' Association, Mechanical Division, Association of American Railroads (1903)
"American equivalent, end plate. A piece of timber run across the upper .... END PLATE STRENGTHENING ANGLE. An angle iron bolted or lag screwed to the top of ..."
6. The British and Foreign Medico-chirurgical Review, Or, Quarterly Journal of (1865)
"If the latter did lie in the interior of the sarcolemma, we should be able to observe the finely-granular substance, and the nuclei of the end-plate issuing ..."