Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Epicentrum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Epicentrum
Literary usage of Epicentrum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Earthquakes in the Light of the New Seismology by Clarence Edward Dutton (1904)
"CHAPTER X VARIATION OF SURFACE INTENSITY General Law of Decrease of Intensity away from the epicentrum—Methods of Locating the ..."
2. The End of the World by Max Wilhelm Meyer, Margaret Wagner (1905)
"If the blow is struck at the point O in the earth's interior, the resulting shock at the epicentrum M will have a vertical direction lifting objects on the ..."
3. Fennia by Suomen Maantieteellinen Seura (1904)
"Das epicentrum lag ungefär auf einer Linie NW—SE zwischen den Orten ... Das erschütterte Gebiet lag um dieses epicentrum in einer grossen Ellipse, ..."
4. First Book of Physical Geography by Ralph Stockman Tarr (1902)
"The place directly above the focus, called the epicentrum, is the place where the shock is ... At a certain distance from the epicentrum, in all directions, ..."
5. Geological Magazine by Henry Woodward (1892)
"The position indicated on the map as that of the epicentrum probably corresponds closely with the superficial position of the centre of intensity of the ..."
6. Elements of Geology: A Text-book for Colleges and for the General Reader by Joseph Le Conte (1903)
"The distance from the epicentrum of the place of most rapid decrease depends on the depth of the focus. If ss (Fig. 113) represent the sur- Fio. 113. ..."