¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Epiploon
1. a flap which covers the intestines [n -S]
Medical Definition of Epiploon
Origin: NL, fr. Gr.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Epiploon
Literary usage of Epiploon
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Medico-chirurgical Review by James Johnson, Henry James Johnson (1828)
"REMARKABLE DISEASE OF THE epiploon. A young woman 18 years of age, ... The disease was considered to he caused hy a chronic phlegmasia of the epiploon, ..."
2. An Introduction to Pathology and Morbid Anatomy by Thomas Henry Green (1884)
"The process commences, as in mucous membranes, with hyperaemia, and exudation of fluid and of blood- Fio. 118. Inflamed epiploon of a Rabbit. ..."
3. Medical Lexicon: A Dictionary of Medical Science ... with French and Other by Robley Dunglison (1860)
"Hernia, formed by the epiploon and a portion of intestine. ... The arterial branches, which are distributed to tbe epiploon, and which are given off by the ..."
4. Anatomical Technology as Applied to the Domestic Cat: An Introduction to by Burt Green Wilder, Simon Henry Gage (1882)
"103, § 737).—This is a deep red, usually single lobed organ, situated on the sinistro-caudal aspect of the stomach. § 716. Omentum majus, epiploon, az ..."
5. On the Anatomy of Vertebrates by Richard Owen (1868)
"The posterior layer lies between the stomach and the intestines, and exemplifies one of the uses of the epiploon, as it prevents these parts from ..."