Definition of Eps
1. Initialism. ExtraPyramidal Symptoms ¹
2. Initialism. (manufacturing) expanded polystyrene ¹
3. Initialism. (finance) earnings per share ¹
4. Initialism. (computing publishing) encapsulated Encapsulated PostScript — a typographically set publishing format with vector graphics ¹
5. Noun. (plural of EP) ¹
6. Abbreviation. (plural of ep) — episodes ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Eps
A special study that involves the placement of electrodes inside the heart to map the electrical characteristics of the heart.
This study is carried out in a specially equipped lab and is similar to a cardiac catheterisation procedure. Electrodes are placed inside the heart via a catheter placed into a vein. The electrodes are positioned near the heart's conduction system and an electrical map of the heart can be determined. This test is often performed in those where a life-threatening cardiac arrhythmia is a problem.
The location and characteristics of an arrhythmia can be determined, thus guiding medical management of the problem. Patients with Wolf Parkinson White syndrome or sick sinus syndrome may have this test as part of their evaluation.
(14 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eps Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eps
Other Resources Relating to: Eps