Definition of Equals sign
1. Noun. (alternative form of equal sign) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Equals Sign Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Equals Sign Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Equals Sign
Literary usage of Equals sign
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Base SAS(R) 9.1.3 Procedures Guide, Second Edition, Volumes 1-4 by Sas Institute (2006)
"On the left side of the equals sign you specify the values that you want to convert to other values. On the right side of the equals sign, you specify the ..."
2. Shop Mathematics: A Treatise on Applied Mathematics Dealing with Various by Erik. Oberg, Franklin Day Jones (1920)
"A term which divides all the other terms on one side of the equals sign may be ... All the signs on both sides of the equals sign or on both sides of the ..."
3. Self-taught Mechanical Drawing and Elementary Machine Design by F. L. Sylvester, Erik Oberg (1910)
"If we multiply the expressions on both sides of the equals sign by the same number we do not change the conditions ; thus 60 X 1^5050 = 126050 on sx -ice ..."
4. Reading with Meaning: Teaching Comprehension in the Primary Grades by Debbie Miller (2002)
"After the seventh one, they've drawn a big equals sign with the words "Finl ... When they get to the equals sign, Whit says, "So you see how we got to the ..."
5. SAS/OR(R) 9.1.2 User's Guide:: Mathematical Programming by SAS Publishing, SAS Institute, Trevor Kearney, Virginia Clark, Donna Sawyer (2004)
"The DECVAR statement contains a list of decision variable names (not separated by commas) optionally followed by an equals sign and a list of numbers. ..."
6. SAS(R) 9.1 Companion for OpenVMS Alpha by Sas Institute, Institute SAS Institute (2004)
"If a SAS system option uses an equals sign, such as PAGESIZE=, do not include the equals sign when specifying the option to the OPTION= procedure. ..."