Definition of Ergogenic
1. Adjective. That enhances physical performance (especially of a sportsman) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ergogenic
Medical Definition of Ergogenic
1. Tending to increase work. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ergogenic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ergogenic
Literary usage of Ergogenic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Navy Seal Physical Fitness Guide edited by Patricia A. Deuster (1997)
"ergogenic agents are by definition, substances or techniques that enhance performance. Because SEALs are required to perform at a high level both mentally ..."
2. The Navy Seal Nutrition Guide by Patricia A. Deuster (1996)
"Nutritional Products Advertised as ergogenic Agents This section lists many of the ... Nutritional ergogenic Agents AGENTS CLAIMS DOSE Arginine, Lysine, ..."
3. The Role of Dietary Supplements for Physically Active People: Current by Kristine M. Scannell, Bernadette M. Marriott (1996)
"Nutrients as ergogenic aids for sports and exercise. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press; 1993. Dietary substances not required in human metabolism, p. 83-98. ..."
4. Nutrient Composition of Rations for Short-term, High-intensity Combat Operations by Fnb, Institute of Medicine (U. S.), High-stress Situations, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (2005)
"Carbohydrate ingestion is ergogenic during 15-minute bouts of intermittent "shuttle running," performed numerous times (eg, five times) as well as during ..."
5. Anabolic Steroid Abuse by Geraline C. Lin (1996)
"Findings such as these lead the investigators to ask why there are so many differences in the studies reporting the ergogenic effects of androgens. ..."
6. Reviews in Environmental Health (1998): Toxicological Defense Mechanics edited by Gary E. R. Hook, George W. Lucier (2000)
"Nutrition for improved sports performance: current issues on ergogenic aids. Sports Med 6:393—401 (1996). 176. Levander OA. ..."
7. Nutrition Education Materials & Audiovisuals for Grades 7 Through 12 by Shirley K. Evans (1996)
"... 7-12 which are intended to food groups, and vitamin and mineral ergogenic aids, as well as suggested menus for practice/competition and training tips. ..."