Lexicographical Neighbors of Eriophyid
Literary usage of Eriophyid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of the Common Invertebrate Animals: Exclusive of Insects by Henry Sherring Pratt (1916)
"... adult to that of eriophyid mites and of the larva to the short-bodied mites, as well as their voluminous body cavity and striated muscle fibres, ..."
2. Dwarf Mistletoes: Biology, Pathology, and Systematics by Frank G. Hawksworth, Delbert Wiens (1998)
"eriophyid studies. XIX. Bulletin 41. Sacramento, CA: State of California, Department of Agriculture: 65-74. Keith, J.0.1965. The Abert squirrel and its ..."
3. Proceedings of the Entomological Society of Washington by Entomological Society of Washington (1905)
"An eriophyid. Dorsal abdominal rings numerous and deeply cut; ventral segmentation almost obliterated; ..."
4. Entomological News and Proceedings of the Entomological Section of the by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia Entomological Section (1914)
"... were aborted to a dense round mass of a dark crimson-lake color, consisting of excessively tuberculated floral parts, inhabited by an eriophyid mite. ..."
5. Forest Entomology by Alexander Thomson Gillanders (1908)
"Food canal of cockroach . 15 19. Diagrams of the heart of an insect . . .16 20. Female genital organs of the cockchafer . . 16 17 eriophyid/E (GALL-MITES). ..."
6. Handbook of Medical Entomology by William Albert Riley, Oskar Augustus Johannsen (1915)
"Living on plants, often forming galls eriophyid.S bb. With eight legs, of three segments each. Living in the skin of mammals ..."