¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Erosely
1. erose [adv] - See also: erose
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Erosely Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Erosely
Literary usage of Erosely
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Contribution to Our Knowledge of Seedlings by John Lubbock (1892)
"Narrowly ovate, acuminate, obtuse, minutely, erosely and irregularly ... Larger, similar or oblong-ovate, acuminate, obtuse, erosely dentate like the first. ..."
2. Proceedings of the Davenport Academy of Sciences by Davenport Academy of Sciences (1883)
"... segments nearly equal, shortly mucronate, and erosely denticulate at the tip; stamens 9, adnate to the lower tube, anthers oval; ..."
3. Botany by Geological Survey of California, William Henry Brewer, Sereno Watson, Asa Gray (1880)
"... the outer obtuse or retuse, the inner erosely 3-toothed : akone obovoid or lenticular. •—1'roc. Am. Acad. vii. ..."
4. The Standard Cyclopedia of Horticulture: A Discussion for the Amateur, and ...by Liberty Hyde Bailey by Liberty Hyde Bailey (1917)
"... cuspidate, very thick, pale green, margins erosely serrulate, sessile or short-petioled : panicle very large, pyramidal, 3 ft. high and nearly as broad, ..."
5. The Philippine Journal of Science by Institute of Science and Technology (Philippines) (1907)
"... darker intro-marginal line, and scarious finely erosely toothed margins, rather convex, broadly and rather deeply channeled and with a triangular rather ..."
6. Gray's School and Field Book of Botany: Consisting of "Lessons in Botany by Asa Gray (1887)
"... the lance-oblong obtuse leaves (8'- 12' long) sharply erosely toothed ; scape l°-3° high, bearing a loose panicle of ..."