Definition of Eruca sativa
1. Noun. Erect European annual often grown as a salad crop to be harvested when young and tender.
Group relationships: Eruca, Genus Eruca
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Eruca Sativa Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eruca Sativa Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eruca Sativa
Literary usage of Eruca sativa
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Ottawa Naturalist by Ottawa Field-Naturalists' Club (1907)
"eruca sativa, MILL. Mr. J. Dearness has sent from London, Ont. to the herbarium of the Geological Survey specimens of eruca sativa which may become a very ..."
2. Bulletin by Vermont Botanical Club (1906)
"eruca sativa L. is a southern European species not in our American manuals. Dr. BL Robinson of Gray's Herbarium, says that recently they ..."
3. The Microscopy of Vegetable Foods: With Special Reference to the Detection by Andrew Lincoln Winton, Josef Moeller (1906)
"This plant (eruca sativa Lam.) is a common weed in Southern Europe and India. The seeds are usually yellow, but occasionally are red- yellow or mottled with ..."
4. Gabriele Zerbi, Gerontocomia: On the Care of the Aged and Maximianus ...by Gabriele de Zerbis by Gabriele de Zerbis (1988)
"COLE WORT (eruca sativa), ROCKET Eruca,453 or uruca, is so called because it has the power of sexual ignition. It is by no means acceptable in the ..."
5. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"eruca sativa P.Mill FGWC • Erucastrum gallicum (Willd.) OESchulz Dog mustard; French rocket Herbaceous annual Roadsides and waste ground. ..."