Definition of Erythrocebus patas
1. Noun. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
Generic synonyms: Catarrhine, Old World Monkey
Group relationships: Erythrocebus, Genus Erythrocebus
Medical Definition of Erythrocebus patas
1. A species of the genus erythrocebus, subfamily cercopithecinae, family cercopithecidae. It inhabits the flat open arid country of africa. It is also known as the patas monkey or the red monkey. (12 Dec 1998)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Erythrocebus Patas
Literary usage of Erythrocebus patas
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"... and a patas monkey (erythrocebus patas) (MR Adams, Department of Comparative Medicine, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, ..."
2. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"Among the available species are Macaca mulatta, M. fascicularis, M. arctoides, M. nemestrina, erythrocebus patas, ..."
3. The National Zoological Park: A Popular Account of Its Collections by Ned Hollister (1919)
"The patas monkeys (erythrocebus patas) are near relatives of the guenons but are larger animals, more at home on the open country than in the ..."