Definition of Estate agent
1. Noun. A person who is authorized to act as an agent for the sale of land. "In England they call a real estate agent a land agent"
Generic synonyms: Agent, Broker, Factor
Specialized synonyms: Realtor
Definition of Estate agent
1. Noun. (British) A person or company who acts in the sale, lease or maintenance of land, property, real estate etc for another. ¹
2. Noun. (archaic) A land bailiff. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Estate Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Estate Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Estate Agent
Literary usage of Estate agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"In that case the owner of the real estate had testified that she did not know that the plaintiff, as a real estate agent, had been employed to sell her ..."
2. American Law of Real Estate Agency: Including the Duties and Liabilities of by William Slee Walker (1922)
"Plaintiff, who had contracted with a real estate agent to cooperate with him in ... Held, that he could not recover from the real estate agent his agreed ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1909)
"Price, Crew, Summers, Spear, and Davis, JJ., concur. the general rule that the employment of an ordinary real-estate agent for the sale of land does not ..."
4. Company Precedents, for Use in Relation to Companies Subject to the by Francis Beaufort Palmer (1881)
"Auctioneer, commission and estate agent company. , a marine aquarium with a restaurant and other buildings and conveniences in connection therewith. 2. ..."
5. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1905)
"which provides that no broker or real estate ; agent selling lands on account of the owner shall be entitled to receive any commission for such sale unless ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Vendor and Purchaser of Real Estate and Chattels by Thomas Cyprian Williams, John Frederick Iselin (1906)
"But definite instructions to sell the land authorise the estate agent to sign, on the principal's behalf, a memorandum of an open contract for sale (y). a ..."
7. The Book of the Landed Estate: Containing Directions for the Management and by Robert E. Brown (1869)
"Although the leading points of training and qualifications necessary for an estate agent are to be inferred from the remarks made in the foregoing section, ..."
8. Commentaries on the Law of Contracts: Being a Consideration of the Nature ...by William Frederick Elliott by William Frederick Elliott (1913)
"Damages for breach of contract of employment of real estate agent.—The right of a real estate agent to recover damages on the revocation of his agency is ..."