Definition of Eucinostomus
1. Noun. A genus of Gerreidae.
Generic synonyms: Fish Genus
Group relationships: Family Gerreidae, Family Gerridae, Gerreidae, Gerridae
Member holonyms: Eucinostomus Gula, Silver Jenny
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eucinostomus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eucinostomus
Literary usage of Eucinostomus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Fishes by David Starr Jordan (1907)
"The commonest species is the silver jenny, or mojarra de Ley, eucinostomus gula, which ranges from Cape Cod to Rio Janeiro, in the surf along sandy shores. ..."
2. Contributions to Biology by Hopkins Marine Station (1895)
"The specimens recorded by Eigenmann from San Diego Bay as Gerres cinereus var. (Amer. Nat., 1891, 156) seem to be eucinostomus calif ..."
3. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1918)
"... 3) and slightly longer second anal spine. The present examples show the depth 2Í to 2J. eucinostomus gula (Valenciennes). Eight, 88 to 117 mm. Depth 3§. ..."
4. Catalogue of the Fishes in the British Museum by Albert Carl Ludwig Gotthilf Günther (1862)
"Presented by the Smithsonian Institution as eucinostomus argenteus. The first description was drawn up by Messrs. Baird and Girard from specimens from the ..."