2. Noun. A eutectic alloy or mixture ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Eutectoid
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Eutectoid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Eutectoid
Literary usage of Eutectoid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Metallography and Heat Treatment of Iron and Steel by Albert Sauveur (1918)
"the absence of upper points in eutectoid steel. On passing through the point Ar3.2.i (Fig. 182) this austenite is converted into pearlite. ..."
2. The Making, Shaping and Treating of Steel by James McIntyre Camp, Charles Blaine Francis (1920)
"For steels with a carbon content considerably in excess of the eutectoid ratio the annealing may be done at similar temperatures, provided the excess ..."
3. The Metallography of Steel and Cast Iron by Henry Marion Howe (1916)
"Hence the melting and freezing point of eutectic and the transformation point of the eutectoid are independent of the carbon content of the alloy, ..."
4. Proceedings of the Indiana Academy of Science by Indiana Academy of Science (1922)
"In ordinary annealed hyper-eutectoid steel inclusions are generally found ... In the case of hypo-eutectoid steel they usually occur in the ferrite grains ..."
5. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1914)
"On cooling from the eutectic to the eutectoid temperature ... The eutectoid cementite is graphitized with difficulty because of low temperature and of ..."
6. Iron, Steel, and Other Alloys by Henry Marion Howe (1906)
"To this end let us follow the cooling of steels of three typical compositions, viz., 0.90, 0.50 and 1.oo per cent of carbon respectively, ie, eutectoid, ..."
7. The Metallography of Iron and Steel by Albert Sauveur (1912)
"Thermal Critical Point in eutectoid Steel. — eutectoid steel, that is steel containing some 0.85 per cent of carbon, exhibits but one critical point, ..."
8. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1922)
"A New Occurrence of Pro-eutectoid Ferrite BY CHARLES Y. CLAYTON,* MET. ... 5 to 10 show the peculiar swirls of pro-eutectoid ferrite, the finding of which ..."