Definition of Everts
1. Verb. (third-person singular of evert) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Everts
1. evert [v] - See also: evert
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Everts Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Everts
Literary usage of Everts
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bygone Days in Chicago: Recollections of the "Garden City" of the Sixties by Frederick Francis Cook (1910)
"WW everts, DD, of the First Baptist Church, was another who could always be ... Dr. everts was probably the most forceful preacher in the history of the ..."
2. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of the State of by Daniel Chipman, Vermont Supreme Court (1824)
"everts vs. ALLEN. An action brought for the recovery of a penalty given to a town treasury, not otr ly may, but ought to be brought in the name of the ..."
3. History of Oakland County Michigan: A Narrative Account of Its Historic by Thaddeus De Witt Seeley (1912)
"New York state may claim WT everts as one of her sons, for he was born on ... He was the eldest son of Caleb everts, who held an important position in the ..."
4. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Surrogates' Courts of the by Theodore Connoly (1890)
"everts v. everts, 62 Barb. 577 ; 7 Paige 112. And that too, though the claim be held by him as administrator of another estate. ..."
5. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut [1636-1776] by Connecticut, Connecticut General Assembly, Connecticut Council, James Hammond Trumbull, Connecticut Council of Safety, Charles Jeremy Hoadly (1880)
"... Mr. John Lay 2d, for Lyme. Capt. Isaac Kellogg, Mr. Martin Smith, for New Hartford. Mr. Thomas Matthews. Mr. John Lewis, for Waterbury. Mr. John everts. ..."
6. Proceedings of the American Medico-Psychological Association Annual Meeting by American Medico-Psychological Association (1904)
"ORPHEUS everts. By FW Langdon, MD, Cincinnati. ... Orpheus everts, which occurred at his home in College Hill, Cincinnati, on June 19, 1903, ..."
7. A List of Geographical Atlases in the Library of Congress: With by Clara Egli Le Gear, Philip Lee Phillips, Library of Congress Map Division (1920)
"1910-1911 3616 everts, LH Combination atlas map of Fairfield county, Ohio. ... 1887 1710 everts, Baskin & Stewart. Combination atlas map of McHenry county, ..."