Definition of Exhaust fumes
1. Noun. Gases ejected from an engine as waste products.
Generic synonyms: Waste, Waste Material, Waste Matter, Waste Product, Gas
Lexicographical Neighbors of Exhaust Fumes
Literary usage of Exhaust fumes
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dangers and Chemistry of Fire, for Grammar Schools by Clarence Maris, Ohio Dept. of Public Instruction (1921)
"DEATH FROM exhaust fumes Several people have recently met death by breathing air ... having been killed by inhaling the deadly engine-exhaust fumes, ..."
2. Calcutta Review by University of Calcutta (1844)
"Air pollution is caused primarily by smoke discharged from factories and exhaust fumes of automobiles plying in large cities. Limited air supply may be ..."
3. Gulf War And Health by Institute of Medicine (2005)
"For CNS tumors, the ORs for paternal exposure to exhaust fumes and inhaled ... For ALL, maternal exposure to exhaust fumes had an OR of 1.68 (95% CI ..."
4. Automobile Repairshop Short-cuts: Over 1500 Time and Labor-saving Kinks by Motor World (1918)
"Elmer Johnston, City Garage, Portchester, NY (No. 370) A flexible pipe will conduct exhaust fumes out of the garage To Remove Bevel Pinions (No. ..."
5. Planet Geographyby Stephen Codrington by Stephen Codrington (2005)
"The other main source of air pollution in Beijing is exhaust fumes from motor ... exhaust fumes from motor vehicles produce nitrogen oxides (NOJ and carbon ..."