Definition of Explicit definition
1. Noun. A definition that gives an exact equivalent of the term defined.
Explicit Definition Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Explicit Definition Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Explicit Definition
Literary usage of Explicit definition
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Moral Philosophy of Aristotle: Consisting of a Translation of the by Aristotle, Walter Mooney Hatch, William Archibald Spooner (1879)
"... (Ь) explicit definition OF HAPPINESS DEDUCED FROM THE CONSIDERATION OF MAN'S FINAL CAUSE. Assuming therefore (1), that the true function of man is a ..."
2. Dispositional Properties by David Weissman (1965)
"These are the objections to the claim that a string of reduction sentences could ever be an explicit definition of a dispositional predicate. ..."
3. The Works of Orestes A. Brownson by Orestes Augustus Brownson, Henry Francis Brownson (1884)
"Vatican to define it. but he wished an implicit) not an explicit definition. We had hoped, before the assembling of the council, that the question would not ..."
4. Elements of Geometry by Simon Newcomb (1881)
"or exceeding 180°, or any explicit definition of what is meant by the'sum ... An explicit definition of the angle which is equal to the sum of two angles. ..."
5. Conceptions of Social Inquiry by J. J. Snyman (1993)
"It soon appeared that the requirement of totally explicit definition and several other alternatives were too rigorous. In 1945 Carl Hempel showed in an ..."
6. A Standard Computable General Equilibrium (Cge) Model in Gams by Hans Lofgren, Rebecca Lee Harris, Sherman Robinson (2002)
"The equation would be transformed into an explicit definition of ... By dividing through by QX, this equation could be rewritten as an explicit definition ..."