Definition of External storage
1. Noun. A data storage device that is not the main memory of a computer.
Generic synonyms: Memory Device, Storage Device
Lexicographical Neighbors of External Storage
Literary usage of External storage
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Backup Book: Disaster Recovery from Desktop to Data Center by Dorian J. Cougias, E. L. Heiberger, Karsten Koop (2003)
"... WHAT ABOUT external storage? Once you move beyond RAID's internal drive and PCI ... you need to have an external storage enclosure as well as the RAID ..."
2. HVAC and Chemical Resistance Handbook for the Engineer and Architect: A ...by Tom Arimes by Tom Arimes (1994)
"Combination of heater and external storage tank for 140 °F water, plus a booster ... The heater and external storage are to supply 140°F water for both the ..."
3. SAS 9.1.3 Language Reference: Concepts by SAS Institute (2005)
"A permanent SAS data library is one that resides on the external storage medium of your computer and is not deleted when the SAS session terminates. ..."
4. SAS(R) 9.1.3 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide by SAS Publishing (2006)
"As the preceding figure depicts, SAS Web Report Studio uses only one account to connect to the external storage location, so you cannot make access ..."
5. Outlines of Botany for the High School Laboratory and Classroom by Robert Greenleaf Leavitt, Charles Herbert Clark, Mrs. Sophia M'Ilvaine (Bledsoe) Herrick, Asa Gray (1901)
"The external storage cells of wheat grains afford examples of protein granules (Fig. 364). The contents of these 364. Transverse section near the outside of ..."