Definition of Extracurricular activity
1. Noun. Educational activities not falling within the scope of the regular curriculum.
Specialized synonyms: Dramatics, Athletics
Lexicographical Neighbors of Extracurricular Activity
Literary usage of Extracurricular activity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Assessing Alcohol Problems: A Guide for Clinicians and Researchers by John P. Allen, Megan Columbus (1997)
"Have you participated in any extracurricular activity during the past month? y = yes n = no 15. Have you attended any extracurricular activity during the ..."
2. Prevention Plus III: Assessing Alcohol & Other Drug Prevention Programs at by Jean A. Linney, Abraham Wandersman (1993)
"... center increase the number of positions available in extracurricular activity by increasing the numbers in each activity or creating parallel activities ..."
3. Youth Indicators, 1996: Trends in the Well-Being of American Youth by Thomas Snyder, Linda Shafer (1997)
"... clubs Honorary societies Student government Newspaper or yearbook Extracurricular activity 1972 II 1980 1992 SOURCE: US Department of Education, ..."
4. Youth Indicators 1993: Trends in the Well-Being of American Youth by Thomas D. Snyder (1994)
"... -5.0 -10.0 - -15.0 Academic clubs Athletics Cheerleading Hobby Music clubs extracurricular activity Vocational clubs SOURCE: US Department of Education, ..."